I don’t know which is worse
Doctor Who ending in my lifetime, and I eventually become uninterested due to inactivity
or Doctor Who continuing past my lifetime, and I don’t live long enough to experience the rest of it
I’m pretty sure this is how the Doctor feels about his companions…
- I do not watch Sherlock just to see Benedict Cumberbatch
- I am not going to see Star Trek Into Darkness for the same reason
- I do not watch Doctor Who just to see David Tennant
- I do not watch The Avengers movies just to see Tom Hiddleston
- I do not watch the Iron Man movies just to see RDJ
- I do not watch anything just for hot guys
- I can still appreciate that they are really hot
Tom Hiddleston — Only Lovers Left Alive
If I was a famous author I would publish a book with ten different endings which all went to print with varying degrees of rarity, but not tell the fans about it so that I could watch their confusion as they disagree over how the story ended. Then when they figured it out I would ‘come clean’, telling them that I had released eleven alternate endings and watch them panic again as they all try to find the last ending.
This is perfect.